Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 1: The Real Deal

At least that's what I think about myself, anyway. This post should consist of somewhat of an introduction. This is me in NYC about to eat a huge meat sandwich:



And I'm the real deal. Ten interesting facts:

  1. I don't beat around the bush. I'm direct and not afraid to ask the kinds of questions you don't want to answer.
  2. I'm incredibly loud. My family, when all together, can be like a circus. I've spent a good portion of my adult life trying desperately to "tone it down." My friends and coworkers would likely tell you I'm failing.
  3. I love cars. I secretly would like to go back to school to become a mechanic.
  4. I'm missing a joint in both of my thumbs. It didn't help with the piano playing growing up.
  5. I'm a mean cook: I bake up a storm when given the opportunity. There are definitely several recipes I am perfecting, but overall I deliver when it counts.
  6. I still believe there are monsters under my bed.
  7. I eat an apple starting from the bottom, not the middle.
  8. I took formal piano lessons for 13 years and my crowning moment was performing a concerto with my high school philharmonic orchestra. It was the hardest thing I ever did.
  9. I would much rather stay up late and waste time than go to bed early and feel well rested.
  10. I fall asleep all the time with my computer on my lap.

Until next time...

5 comments:

Dr. J said...

Which concerto did you play?

Kat said...

rachmaninoff's piano concerto no. 2 (2nd movement only).

Andrea said...

YES! so happy about this.

Dr. J said...

Have you ever thought that that movement sounds like Celine Dion's "All by myself" (probably the other way around it it were)?

Kat said...

haven't given it that much thought, to be honest...and really? celine dion??