Friday, January 13, 2012

Must Know Cars

I got into my car after work today and was delighted to find that my car battery was dead. There I was, stuck in the garage, no room to get the car rolling to start it by popping the clutch and wondering how in the world I would get someone to jump me. Luckily a couple of girls I work with came down just as I was about to head out to make a phone call. We got it jumped and I headed to the place from where I purchased this battery within the last 18 months to have them run some diagnostics.

The point of me telling this story isn't to talk about my car troubles. It's mostly to comment on what I did first when I was out of the garage: I called my dad. It's what I do every single time something is up with my car. Little known fact, the man paid for college by working as a mechanic. He's practically a pro, even if he protests that these days cars are so computerized he doesn't really have a clue, I know he really knows the guts of a car despite the mechanism running the thing.

So, I've decided that I have to add another item to my list of qualities (which I'll mention right here and now is quite short) for my future husband: must know cars.


In case you are concerned, we're not sure (after running several diagnostics) why my battery was dead. So, I'll just back in where I can, and preferably park on some hills.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Amen. I also had car problems recently and it goes higher and higher on my list every time.