Monday, December 05, 2011

Epic Australia

Epic Australia was, well epic. I'll take ten days in Australia any time. Can't wait to go back.

Cairns
We spent the first five days and nights in the beach city of Cairns. It pretty much rocked. Highlights included the Cairns Tropical (and hands on) Zoo, Mamu Canopy Walk through the rainforest, Great Barrier Reef Excursion, the beach, and the PEOPLE WATCHING.

Oh Heyyyy, Mr. Kangaroo...
Mr. Pelican had a really wide mouth. We taunted it with a leaf several times to get the perfect picture.
By the way...

The koalas were just so darn cute!
Oh the people-watching...his legs were waxed and I COULD NOT stop staring.
At the Mamu Rainforest Canopy Walk.

His name was Mossimo. Wedding Planner anyone???
Old Man Lifeguard + Saggy Speedo = Fantastic Photo Shot


Sydney
Sydney was, well, cold and wet. We trudged through the cold, wet rain for three days. Both of us reached our breaking point right about the time we checked into the Sydney Harbour Marriott. I stared out the window and single handedly willed the sun to come out. And then it did. We had a glorious next couple of days. Highlights of Sydney included the Sydney Convict Museum, the Sydney Aquarium, the Sydney Opera House, Manly Beach, Bondi Beach Adventure, the Blue Mountains, and more people watching. I also drove on the left!

First day in the rain. Still optimistic.
Believe it or not, this is a restaurant.
Crazy big crabs. There were all sorts of crazy big shellfish at the Aquarium.
We learned all about sharks!
Can I transfer to this office? A nice window view overlooking Darling Harbour wouldn't be too shabby...

A little love from back home made it all the way to this bench in Sydney. Had to stop and take a picture!
Inside the Sydney Convict Museum
Ah the sun...so good to see you!!!




I'll admit, some of the people watching was better than others. Manly Beach was closed due to strong waves and undertows. But the surfers were out in all their glory. Ah the surfers...



At the Three Sisters in the Blue Mountains.
Right before we went down the world's steepest railroad. Ack!!!!
Sound advice, if you ask me.

1 comment:

Stine said...

What adventure you are having! So happy for you. Thanks for sharing.