Monday, April 04, 2011

Conference Weekend

This weekend was General Conference. It's such a delightful weekend, and I usually treat it like a holiday. My BFF Stefani told me months ago she wanted to actually attend conference this year. We pestered our stakes about tickets, bought some plane tickets, and Friday morning off we went!

We got tickets to 4 sessions, including Priesthood (which I lovingly bestowed upon my brother and his trusty sidekicks). We watched the first session (Saturday morning) in the Tabernacle, but the rest were viewed from the balcony in the conference center. It was pretty great!

We also got to see some old friends, and I spent some quality time with la familia. It was a short trip, but very busy and rewarding.

Some of my favorite talks were those by Elder Packer, Elder Robbins, and (much to my own surprise), Elder Samuelson.

What were some of yours?

4 comments:

Camille said...

It was amazing, wasn't it? I really liked Elder Hales. I think I may have teared up.

Camille said...

Ok oops. I meant Elder Scott. I promise I know the different Apostles....

Anonymous said...

I can't ever remember who said what but I was happy when someone said it was okay to not have to stay in our Sunday best all day :)

Kat said...

I know, I was happy about that too. I believe that was Elder Perry?? I could be wrong. Validation is always a good thing. ;)