Sunday, September 19, 2010

On 25

Hello, blogging world. I have in fact, not fallen off the face of the earth. I merely disappeared for several weeks during Round 1 of the Fall 2010 busy season. I survived my first ever triple digit work week, and while I never want to do it again, I know that I will again at some point...maybe even in a couple of weeks. Blah blah blah, moving along...

I turned 25 yesterday, and that is kind of a milestone birthday, don't you think? I remember moving to Dallas 9 months ago, and I felt a distinct fear that when my birthday rolled around I wasn't sure I'd have friends with which to spend it. I'm happy to report that was NOT the case, and I had so many lovely friends help to make my day special.

I started out with free yoga in the park at 9 a.m. It stretched out all the muscles that had been achy having spent 100+ hours in a chair the prior week. I then went to Jamba Juice with a couple of friends, headed home to take a shower, and then went to get a pedicure. I took some work with me, and was delighted to find that I could only come up with a list of questions for my superiors to answer, and could not progress any further on the return. My work for the weekend was over! I ran to the store to pick up a few items for my evening of festivities, and some other things I needed, then went home to get decked out for dinner, and headed to Benihana.

I had a lovely dinner with 7 friends, then headed to Grapevine Lake for a bonfire! More friends joined me there and we had a lovely time (as did the mosquitoes) for a few hours. I came home feeling loved. What a great day!

I'm 25 now, and that seems weird to me. I don't feel old, or anything, although looking in the mirror yesterday morning I realized that my youth is going to fade. I'm just grateful that my mom (at 60) still has never had to color her hair, and I think she looks 10 years younger than she actually is. I think I'm safe for a few years yet!



No comments: