Tuesday, August 03, 2010

RV's Don't Belong in Regular Parking Spots

I hit up Wal Mart last night around 10 p.m. on my way home (yes I hadn't been home yet, but no I wasn't working that late).

I exited the store around 10:39 p.m. and found a ginormous RV parked approximately 1.5 feet from my vehicle. I did not snap a photo, but thought pretty long and hard about it. So this diagram will have to suffice. Please excuse the poor quality. I did it in 2 seconds in Paint.


Yes, the tan colored square is the RV, and the black square is my small TSX. Yes, they did park that crookedly, and yes I almost peed my pants in fear of scraping my beautiful black car up against the nastified RV that was a hundred years old. Notice that the RV was in a regular spot, next to regular cars. I know people drive their RVs around town and go shopping at Wal Mart, but don't they usually have the courtesy to park way far away and take up two spots? I thought so too.

After a 10 point turn, I finally got out unscathed.

I have two regrets: 1) as mentioned above I didn't take a picture. 2) Someone was still in the driver's seat, and I should have tapped on the window and told them to move their big-ass recreational vehicle out of my way. But I didn't do either.

It's probably for the best. Well, No. 2 at least.

3 comments:

Suz said...

Holy Crap! That is hilarious! I wonder what turn the story would have taken had you done No. 2. But knowing how things go they were probably crazy or drunk and would have attacked you. Glad you made it out ok. :)

Ben said...

Did you draw that all by yourself?

Kat said...

Amazing, isn't it?