This was the service request I put in last night after the Cockroach Sighting Incident:
"I saw a very large critter on my kitchen counter (I didn't get a good look at it, but I believe it was a 1 to 2 inch long cockroach). When I went to kill it, it appeared to get into my dishwasher, either inside and then subsequently went down the pipes, or somehow got inside the door to the dishwasher. I could never find it to kill it, but ran my dishwasher. Please treat my apartment, and let me know if I need to do anything to prepare my apartment for treatment."
I got a phone call this morning, and a very nice maintenance man explained that the Pest Control service had been to the property yesterday to treat, and likely caused the cockroach to seek shelter in an untreated living space, a.k.a. the dishwasher area in my kitchen. He said he would try to get them to come back today to treat my apartment, but if not they would definitely be there tomorrow.
I postponed coming home, grabbed dinner on the way home and ate it in my car, and then opened my door hopeful for the lovely sign of a note on my counter explaining that Pest Control had treated my apartment. It was there, and this is what it said:
"Treated for general pest control and a very large critter. :) You should be good to go. Brad"
I laughed. And then I inspected for some sort of proof that de-pesting had taken place. Indeed I found remnants of powder on the floor next to my dishwasher. I'll probably not be terribly comfortable until the weekend, but I'm already feeling better.
No comments:
Post a Comment