Sunday, June 06, 2010

Nothing to Report

I've been pretty radio silent, and when I go to blog I find I have nothing terribly exciting to report. But, I suppose a mini-update on my not-so-exciting life is slightly overdue.

Things of Note:
  1. Went to the Red, White, and Blue Festival up in Highland Village, TX with some friends last night. It was a lot of fun, not too hot (thankfully), heard some great music by Texas Country stars Brandon Rhyder and Johnny Cooper, got to see fireworks, and afterwords went to Chaucers and ate some delicious sushi.
  2. Studied, studied, and studied some more for the Audit section of the CPA exam. I took that on May 28. Hopefully, the third times a charm.
  3. Started reading Wuthering Heights, was so lost so I read a quick synopsis (thank you SparkNotes!) and decided I would in fact be better off not reading it and so moved onto Sense and Sensibility instead. I haven't read that since high school, and it is just as delightful as I remember it. Much better choice, if you ask me.
  4. Went home for Memorial Day and just hung out with the family. My nephews are as adorable as ever, and are growing up so fast. I miss living so close to them, but thankfully I get to see them about once a month. We spent some fun time at the pool where little Brandon decided he wanted to jump off the diving board. He counted to five and took the plunge. He was a little surprised at first, but couldn't wait to jump back in the pool. Too bad Safety Break started right after and Mom and Dad were ready to go back to Nana and Papa's!
  5. My L.A. trip fell through, so I'm trying to find someone else to go with me/trying to come up with a Plan B/trying to figure out if I just don't take vacation this summer. The latter, I am convinced, will throw me into fits of insanity, so mostly I'm dealing with the first and second options.
Really, that's about all the exciting things I can figure at this point. We'll keep you updated on No. 2 and No. 5. I plan to spend as much at the pool this summer as I possibly can with a book in my hand, especially now that a beach trip might not happen. I already have developed a pretty impressive tan, thanks to the remnants of my last summer tan from lifeguarding. I intend to keep up the good work.

2 comments:

Tali Nay said...

tan? i'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

I'd go with you to California ;)