Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sick Days

Unless I am literally on the brink of death, I have never really been much for sick days. If I'm not feeling well, I usually trudge through it. I will, however, stay home if I have a fever or have been throwing up. That makes sense to me in my head.

I started feeling a little bit sick on Saturday afternoon. I then went to an acoustic show with my friend who had been sick since mid-week. Sunday went all right, until the evening. I could feel the sickness setting in. Monday I woke up with a slight sore throat, but drank some water and took some medicine and apart from being a little bit tired, felt generally okay. I went to work, explained that I was feeling slightly under the weather, and was met by "What are you doing here?" from my senior. I pushed through, got some stuff done, and after lunch started feeling really tired. I mentioned something to the other associate who is also working on the client. At that point, the director had come out to the client. The second he heard I was sick, he practically had my bag packed up for me. He told me that I needed to go home.

He gave some very valid reasons: a) we aren't terribly busy just yet and b) we don't want the sickness to spread throughout the team. So I went home. I was so bored. I did, however, find where my laundry facility was in my building. It's by the pool in my building, which I didn't even know existed (how do you miss that after 3 months? you might ask, but since I'm never here...). I then discovered where the laundry card machine dispenser was located, and unfortunately it only accepts cash. I caught up on some TV shows online (thank you Hulu!) and took some Tylenol PM around 8 and crashed around 9. I woke up at 7:45 this morning to a severe pain in my throat and a body that felt like a truck had hit it. I emailed the other associate and went back to sleep for another 4 hours.

I have since eaten, watched some more TV, browsed for bedding online (think I've finally decided what I want, but now just have to choose the color), and have almost convinced myself to shower and venture to a bank to get some cash so I can do some laundry. I know that I should be resting, but I feel like I'm totally wasting my day away. The least I can do is take advantage of being at home all day for the first time in months and get something productive done around here.

1 comment:

Tali Nay said...

i'm so sorry you're sick friend. but i do love me a day at home.