I was about to go to bed last night when I realized that I didn't have a lunch for today. Since I started South Beach a week and a half ago, planning is incredibly important. I made a tasty salad, complete with pistachio crusted chicken (I really do like pistachios). I then decided to put some dressing in a small container, because everyone knows that dressing on salad is only good right before you eat it.
I had a brand new bottle of dressing, and was having difficulty getting the plastic seal off the top. I finally got it off and somehow the bottle went flying, as did the dressing. Did I mention it was Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette? It looked like I had murdered someone in my kitchen. It was on the walls, the counter, the floor, the rug, the oven, the dishwasher, and the fridge. I even got it on me. I stripped down, and went to work on the kitchen. An hour later, I had my kitchen cleaned up and had even washed most of the red stain out of my favorite pajamas and slippers.
I realized this morning when I was leaving that I'm pretty sure the Raspberry Walnut isn't Phase 1 approved.
I also find it ironic that I ended up going to lunch with a director and two other associates anyway.
3 comments:
Dang that's a bum-sucky! I admire your slef-control though, I just can't get on the SB bandwagon... plus since I have to scarf my lunch down in about 15 minutes during my 12 hr shift days, easily-inhaled foods often must come in non SB Diet forms!
That always makes you feel awesome when you went to all the work and don't end up needing it in the end.
niiice. is it bad that i'm wildly amused by this? i'm so glad i'm not the only one who goes through this kinda thing ;)
rach
Post a Comment