I took REG on Thursday morning and felt great about it. Of course there were some things I know I totally screwed up, but all in all, I feel like I passed. That's a good feeling.
I came home, and scrubbed my car clean. It always feels so nice to get that beauty sparkling. I do wonder, though, if our neighbors are starting to think of me as a car narcissist. It's probably true, but I do have a pretty hot car.
My parents also left town for the weekend on Thursday afternoon. Before they did, though, my dad was peering out the back window with such a concerned look on his face. I said, "What are you thinking about?" and he said, "I'm just thinking about the back lawn and how it needs watering." I looked back out at it and saw, just as I saw every time I looked out there, that literally 98 percent of the ground was covered with leaves. "I don't want to water it with all those leaves out there..." So I of course said that I would take care of it. "When?" he asked. I replied, "What else am I going to do today?"
And so I took them to the airport, came home, and quickly commenced some great yard work. The weather outside has been absolutely beautiful so far this November. We have been enjoying 70+ degrees every day. Of course, that 70 degrees is mostly brought on by the fact that the wind is blowing out of the Gulf of Mexico at approximately 50 miles and hour each day. That made my leaf cleaning, lawn mowing experience a little more difficult, but it got done.
I started to just mow up the leaves, but quickly realized that if I kept doing that, I would have to stop and unload the mower every 1 or 2 minutes (that is NOT an exaggeration). So I opted to rake quite a few up by hand. I filled about 3 bags of just leaves, and then commenced the mowing. I filled 5 more bags of leaves and grass by the time I was done. For some perspective, my dad usually only has to fill 2 bags for the back lawn during the summer months when it grows like crazy, and certainly not completely full.
And so 1 test, 1 car wash, and 8 garbage bags later, I had an all in all very productive Thursday.
1 comment:
wow! them's a lot of leaves! i spend at least an hour or two raking leaves each weekend. I really don't mind it at all...especially considering that when there are no more leaves to rake it will mean the snow is upon us!
Post a Comment