Monday, October 26, 2009

The Grammar Nazi Dragon Rears Its Head Once More

I had a boyfriend once who, bless his heart, constantly misspelled the word "definitely." Another friend of mine is cursed with the same predicament. I never have the heart to correct him.

I guess I thought that they are/were isolated incidents. Not so. I have seen it in blogs. I have seen it in reviews for recipes. I have seen it in papers, emails, Facebook comments, etc.

And so, dear and faithful readers, please remember that the word is spelled "definitely" and NOT "definately."

4 comments:

Nathan said...

The one I've seen a lot of lately is confusing lose and loose. Really puts the captain's wheel down my pants.

Jessica said...

Oh, there are so many that drive me crazy. "Wierd" instead of "weird" is up there. And the proverbial your/ you're dilemma drives me up the wall. It's the curse of being a grammar nerd.

Kat said...

Captain's wheel? Really?

Suz said...

Leave it to Nathan to have the most obscure example...