My friend Naisi Zao, raised in Shanghai, China, is currently serving a mission in New York City. Naisi's parents joined the church when her father was in school in the United States. She said that she remembered the Gospel even after the family moved back to China. She was blessed to go to school in Utah a bit when she was a teenager and lived with an LDS host family in Alpine, Utah. She attended BYU and lived in my ward. She waited and waited until she turned 18 to join the Church, even though she would have done so before if she could have.
I am honored to say I was her visiting teacher my last year at BYU. Her spirit was amazing then, and still is today. The New York Times put together this feature on her and I highly recommend that you take the time to watch.
2 comments:
Very cool, and good for her! What a wonderful example. *sigh* I miss home now. :P
What a beautiful woman.
Post a Comment