I'm always amazed at the bugs that abound whenever it is summer. There are new bugs that I've noticed this year: they are green, they have weird wings, a HUGE head, and a long, narrow little body. They are a funny looking bug, and quite frankly they totally freak me out. I'm not too horrified by bugs, but these ones are just gross. I also think that because they are new to me, I'm not sure how harmless they are. There was one on my windshield last night and I had to retrieve it after killing it by turning on the windshield wipers.
The most astonishing thing (besides the new, crazy, green bug) about summer bugs is that the crickets get everywhere. Somehow, they always end up in the vents in the house and all you hear is their noisy mating calls. Last night I noticed one in my ceiling vent. I thought at first it was the fan, but alas it was a cricket. I gave the ceiling a good whop and it shut right up. I must have scared him off because he still hasn't returned (thank goodness!).
Finally, the June bugs are crazy around here. They are all over the pool every morning and the skimmer baskets are full of them to boot! They get in my car, they get in the house, they pretty much get everywhere. I'm just glad we have the little brown ones instead of the nasty big ones.
1 comment:
I had bugs in my hair two nights in a row...not cool.
Post a Comment