Thursday, July 02, 2009

Turning Over a New Leaf

Really, I should have posted this on Sunday night, but eh, whatever.

I am turning over a new leaf. I found myself, this last weekend, discovering that I couldn't account for 90 percent of my activities in June. That's just sad, people. I didn't watch an incessant amount of TV (in fact, I probably averaged about 4 hours a WEEK) Oh, but I guess there was the Firefly watching before going to sleep on Hulu.com (the joys of a laptop are that you get full access to distractions right in your very own bed).

In effect, I worked maybe 20 hours a week, did the occasional homework item for my Stats class, bought a car, and slept nearly 11 hours each night.

And so, I decided I was turning over a new leaf. This week, I have woken up at about 7 a.m. each morning, had breakfast with my parents (pretty much this is the only reason I get out of bed), studied, read, napped, worked, laundered clothes, shopped for fabric for my brother's t-shirt quilt, and planned my sewing frenzy to come.

I am just about to go take a test for my Stats class and I have a full day of fun planned in Stilly. I think this new leaf thing is going to work out just fine.

3 comments:

Suz said...

Congrats on turning over a new leaf. Hope it works out for you. :) Love ya sis!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget you've spent time with me and the boys; dragging you to stores to help me with them, dragging you to the pool, coming over and watching them for me. You may have felt lazy but I've loved the time you've spent with us!

Tali Nay said...

roll a new leaf over....