Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Responsibility...Pass It On...

I was slightly distracted on my way to work this afternoon at 4, but not too distracted to notice the amount of water pouring down the street in every which direction. I made a mental note that a water main might have broken, but was preoccupied with some other things and had to get my behind into work. I noticed that the water was still rushing when I got off work and left at 8:45 to go home. Once again, I was in a rush to get somewhere so I didn't do anything about it. I, of course, figured that someone would be responsible in our neighborhood and make the call to the water people.

I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter 6 (don't judge...and I will refrain from blogging about it since I don't have anything good to say about it anyway). I came driving through the neighborhood, say, at about 3:25 a.m. Water was still flowing. I decided to take a quick detour and see exactly where the water was coming from. Sure enough, water was bursting out of someone's lawn. Water main break for sure. I knew that no one called the water people because the water had been busting out of there for at least 12 hours. I got home, called the water people and reported the main break.

Seriously, me, the 23 year-old sort-of resident of the neighborhood was the ONLY person responsible enough to report a water main break? Come on, people!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm sure someone else would have called it if you hadn't have...