1. Last night I went to a drive-in movie with some girls from Stillwater. We met at the Beacon Drive-In located in Guthrie, Oklahoma to watch "Up." They arrived in a nice pick-up, and I parked next to them and hopped out. I thought it would be good to crank my own radio, roll down my windows, and open up my sun roof so that we could have prime sound. Then about 30 minutes after we arrived, just before the movie started, I decided to move my car closer to the truck so we could hear better. Problem with that, there wasn't much room between the truck and the pole thingy (you know what I'm talking about...it's a drive-in...). Another problem I faced was the lack of room to back up and maneuver my car since the next row of cars was only about 10 or 12 feet from where my own car was parked. The final problem I encountered was that I drive a manual trannie. At drive-ins, your car parks on a little mound, which clearly allows for optimal viewing experience no matter how far back you are parked. I backed up, I almost hit the cars behind me, I pulled forward, I almost hit the truck, I finally decided I should start pulling up the e-brake and use it so I wouldn't roll back or forward when I was starting to go forward or back, I decided I should just put my car back where it was originally, I pulled forward and literally missed the pole thingy by 1 cm. The only thing I wish I had done was taken a picture. Needless to say, we waited until everyone had left so that I could back out the way I had pulled in so I wouldn't scrape the side of my beautiful new car.
2. While at the drive-in, while watching the movie, my friend and I decided to switch places so that she could lean against the side of the truck. I jumped down, and mid-jump forgot whether my cell phone was in my pocket or on my lap and went to reach for it in my lap just in case. This threw me completely off-balance and I ended up biting it on the gravel. I started laughing so hard, but had to stifle it because, well, I was at a movie theater of sorts. My friends who were sitting closer to the cab of the truck tell me they didn't really know what was going on, they just saw that I was there, and then I wasn't. The lady next to us said, "Safe!" while another person close by asked, "Did she land on her face??" No, I didn't land on my face. I just scraped up my arm a little. I didn't even draw blood. I'm sure by the end of the night, especially after the re-parking fiasco, that many people around us thought I was a tad bit intoxicated. I definitely wasn't, it just wasn't my night.
3. This morning, I woke up rather early considering the times I've woken up the rest of the week and the lack of sleep I got (I went to bed way later last night than I have the rest of the week). I laid in bed for a while, a luxury I often afford myself, and heard my parents moving around downstairs. I thought maybe they were going to make their semi-weekly shopping trip, and since I need a few things, really want to go with them. I actually have today off and can go with them. I heard them moving cars around and then I heard a car start. I ran downstairs, sure enough the lights were all out, and the garage door was just starting to close. I pushed the button to stop it. Then my dad pushed it again. Then I pushed it again. It went back and forth a few times until finally I think he wizened up to see what was going on. I came out, he looks at me, and starts to drive away. My mom explains that I probably want to talk to them and it turns out they were just running over to my sister's apartment to help move a shelf of hers over here. I should have just called them instead of running downstairs like a goon. But, I am blond after all and I don't always catch on it quickly.
2 comments:
1)Phew! 2)Ouch!...heehee. 3)LOL!
Did you enjoy the movie at least? :)
The movie was good. :)
Post a Comment