Friday, June 19, 2009

Napping with Brandon

Today, SIL The Tiffster and I took Jackson and Brandon to the pool. I think this qualifies me as a pool junkie since I go to the pool on my day off from working at the same pool. Anyway, the boys had a blast. Of course they didn't want to go home, but quite clearly they were both very exhausted.

I have always known that Brandon and I are kindred spirits. He's a smart-alick, even at 22 months, has a good little sense of humor already, and today he picked out The Emperor's New Groove to watch while he "rested" (aka took a nap). This is my absolute FAVORITE Disney movie of all time. I think it is SO funny. So, when the little rug rat chose it to watch, I knew that was the crowning moment to solidify our kindred spiritedness.

Brandon and I trucked upstairs to my wreck of a living space and laid on the futon to watch the movie. Brandon was out within the first 10 minutes. He was kind of jerking a little and making some funny sounds, so I took it upon myself to grab him up and lay him on my stomach. I quickly fell asleep. I woke up somewhere toward the end of the movie and put Brandon back on the futon. He clung to me like crazy, even half asleep, and still ended up half on me for another 30 minutes or so. I dozed off again until the movie ended, a little after which Brandon woke up for good. He sat up, looked around, sat there for about 3 minutes, and then finally got up. I decided it was about time I got up myself.

I will be very sad when the day comes that Brandon is no longer interested in napping with his awesome Aunt Leeny.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Aunt Leeny. That is a great name. Seriously.

Suz said...

Well, maybe Andrew will want to nap with you! At least you get to have them there with you. :( Man I miss those boys sometimes.