It has been far too long since I have read for pleasure on a regular basis. I occasionally pick up a novel or other form of literature and read it. I've also started several books and never finished them, such as Life of Pi.
I have decided to make this a year of reading. I have already read one book this year and I am committing myself to reading for pleasure. I have on my list the following books. Please feel free to add commentary on books you feel definitely need to make the list and what books you think I could do without. Do mind that there are several "must reads" in literature of which I have already had the pleasure of partaking.
1. The Chronicles of Narnia (7 books total) by C.S. Lewis
2. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
3. 1984 by George Orwell
4. Brave New World by Oscar Wilde
5. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Aldous Huxley
6. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
7. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
8. The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
9. Animal Farm by George Orwell
10. The Stranger by Albert Camus
11. A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
12. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
13. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
14. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
15. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
2 comments:
I read "The Things They Carried" my sophomore year in highschool in one of my elective English classes. Frome what I remember it was pretty good and served as inspiration for our class anthology that we published! I think I still have it in my bookcase back home in NY... maybe I'll bring it back with me next time I go visit. Thanks for the reminder!
I wish I could add some literary works that are worth reading but seeing as my recent works include "Goodnight Moon", "Clip-Clop", and "The Little Book of Train Stories" I'm afraid I'm useless as a resource ;) But let me know what you recommend because I'd like to read more too (more adult stories that is).
Post a Comment