I loved being at home for Thanksgiving this year. It has been 4 years since I have had the pleasure of joining my immediate family for one of my favorite holidays, and thus I miss out on my favorite Friday-after-Thanksgiving events: decorating for Christmas, but most importantly decorating the Christmas Tree.
Since I was a kid, I've always loved decorating the Christmas Tree. I love going through the ornaments and remembering where we got each one, or listening to my mom talk about where she got each one. It really is a special event that I haven't been able to take part in for quite some time now.
This year, I was so excited to help decorate the tree. In fact, I stuck around OKC on Saturday just so I could do this. My dad invested in the LED lights this year since ours apparently burnt out somewhere along the past 2 months (since my sister's wedding), and my mom and I began the process of finding all of the ornaments. My mom, bless her heart, let me pretty much decorate the entire tree.
We started working on it, and realized it wasn't properly positioned. So, instead of getting my dad to come help us, I decide that I am fully capable of moving this 7+ foot tree a couple of feet back. I soon realize this was a mistake, as I was moving it incorrectly and happened to detach the tree at its midsection. The lights are hanging by a thread, some of the ornaments are crashing to the ground, and I started laughing. My mom, of course, is freaking out and is yelling for my dad, "Michael!! Help!!!" I think she was afraid the whole thing would come crashing down. Granted I was holding the upper half in my arms. My dad comes into the living room and the first thing out of his mouth is, "That's not how you move it." I looked at him and said, "Yeah, I think I figured that much out." So we put it back together again and allowed my dad to move it himself, seeing as how he knew how to properly do so.
Despite a near-disaster, we successfully decorated the tree and this is how it turned out. Not too shabby, if I may say so myself.
1 comment:
Ask Rach how she ruined Christmas one year.
Post a Comment