Saturday, November 01, 2008

Crazy Day, Pleasant Nap

I had a crazy day today, but in the midst got to watch my two adorable nephews. I ended up with them over at my parents' house. Brandon, the little one, wasn't going down for a nap very easily. I left him in the crib for a bit, but then he was screaming and screaming and standing up, so I relented and went and got him and just held him. He laid his head right on my shoulder, so I knew he was tired. I tried to lay him back down, but he wouldn't have any of it. So, I decided I'd lay on the bed with him for a little bit. He calmed down and laid there on my chest. I thought how nice it would be to take a nap with him, but all I could think about was my laundry and other things I needed to get done. I thought he was asleep at last, so I went to put him in the crib. He started to scream again. I know I could have left him there and he would calm down and sleep, but I just didn't want to let him cry when he just wanted to be held by me.

So, I picked him back up and went back to the bed and we had a pleasant 2 hour nap together.

2 comments:

Alex said...

awwww... there is just nothing like a sleeping baby on your chest, huh? *sigh* :)

Suz said...

I miss Brandon sleeping on me! So jealous!