Wednesday, October 01, 2008

This One Goes Out to My Best Friend

My best friend and I are ::gasp:: doing WW together. She is getting married in December, and since I hate dieting and she hates exercising, and while we prefer each one, we hate doing them alone, we made a pact over the summer: I would join WW with her and she would go to the gym with me. Ironically, all we've done is the WW, and no working out has taken place. We need to work on that.

Anyway, our Tuesdays consist of a WW meeting, and sometimes we'll do lunch before. I called her this morning to tell her that I was interested in doing lunch beforehand and would love to know what time I could pick her up. She didn't answer, so I left her a message. About 20 minutes later she called me back, and all she said was "Could you come over here please?" I, of course, dropped everything and rushed to her house, not knowing quite what was up. I knocked on her door and walked in. I heard a sheepish "Hi" from somewhere in her apartment. I asked "Where are you?" and followed her response to a small corner in her living room. She smiled some pearly whites accompanied with Angelina Jolie lips and said, "I got my teeth whitened today, my mouth is killing me, my lips are swollen, and I don't want to be alone." I couldn't help but laugh. She then proceeded to explain that she had also had a nice dose of nitrous and had debated whether or not to call me to drive her home from the dentist. She said once she got home, she realized how stupid it was that she drove home and wanted some company. I gladly offered her such company, we happily went to our WW meeting (we both lost 3 lbs.!), and her swollen lips were (thankfully) returning to their normal size.

No comments: