I bought the most disgusting ridiculous toy for my brother today. He was in the hospital post-appendectamy and needed some entertainment. It was a "horror ball" in the shape of a skull. You squeezed it, and not only did it make the most disgusting "shhllllp" sound, but when you squeezed it hard enough things popped out of the eye, like "brain matter," and "eye balls," and "noses," etc. It was the most disgusting thing, but I think it was his favorite gift I brought.
So, in his honor, here is my list of items necessary for hospital survival. As I have never been admitted to a hospital, I'm not entirely sure that it is worth even 2 cents, but still.
1. Horror ball
2. Etch-a-Sketch
3. Music
4. Playing cards
5. TV
6. Something familiar from home, such as a stuffed alligator or blanky
7. A hand-held game of sorts
8. Some company
9. Some books
10. Nurses that have a good sense of humor
11. Doctors with a good bedside manner
12. Toothbrush
13. Razor
14. Entertainment of sorts, such as amazing siblings who bring you crap
15. Good drugs
16. Jello
17. $3 cafeteria meals for friends
18. A cape to cover your backside
19. A good sense of humor
20. Awesome neighbors who have ridiculous demands to entertain you during the night
No comments:
Post a Comment