Friday, September 12, 2008

I Like Sarah Palin

This campaign has been hard for me to watch. I was an avid supporter of Mitt Romney, but once he dropped out (thank you Mike Huckabee for successfully splitting up the party via his tacky and inappropriate anti-Mormon remarks), I was at a complete loss as to for whom to cast my vote come November. I have never been won over by either candidate. I am a very moderate American, and so I don't vote strictly by party (although, you might have guessed, I am a registered Republican). I knew I'd have to vote for Senator McCain if Hillary got the nomination, as she is the worst possible person for the job. I also knew I'd continue in that plan if Obama chose her as his running mate. Alas, he chose Joe Biden: a seemingly harmless individual, and I was back to square one.

Then McCain chose Sarah Palin as his running mate. I, like everyone else, knew nothing about her. I was surprised, yet impressed, in his pick of a woman. I was leery, however, that he just picked any ol' woman off the street to join him on the ticket. I didn't know what to think. And then the press started, oh the press. The tabloids, the Democratic campaign, even the Associated Press, they started the awful comments. They picked her private life to bits. And I didn't like that one bit. But oh did she handle it beautifully. I began to like her, perhaps out of sympathy, but really I was just so impressed with her from the get-go.

I just read this article by Glenn Beck. I do like him, as he always seems to level the playing field on every topic. This time, he leveled it for Sarah Palin, and I must say, I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking some of the things I think and noticing the same things that I notice. There are others out there!

No comments: