Apparently Northwestern's Kellogg School of Business has banned the use of laptops in class, unless the teacher instructs students to do otherwise. My Manec prof decided to implement an experiment and had us not use our laptops. I personally didn't see a problem with it, as I never use my laptop during this class. I was annoyed, however, when fellow classmates proceeded to grumble and almost throw a fit. These are classmates whom I have observed playing games, chatting with friends, and checking email during class. Come on, now.
My favorite students are MBA students. I have never observed more of a lack of professionalism than I have when taking classes with MBA's. They shamelessly screw around: every single one of them.
I also despise it when guest speakers fly across the country to present things to us and I observe several fellow students playing Solitaire. I am more or less embarrassed that we aren't professional.
Now, I have to admit that last semester I rarely paid attention in any of my classes whilst using my laptop as entertainment. I knew I was being unprofessional. I do not excuse my behavior, but state that I have seen the error of my ways and have repented. And, I can honestly say that last semester was the only semester that I used my laptop in an unprofessional manner.
Here, here, Northwestern. Let's ban laptops.
1 comment:
I hate the laptop users. Every last one of them. Yes, even those who ARE taking notes.
All of that banging away on the keys distracts me from my Sudoku.
Post a Comment