Monday, March 24, 2008

Creepers

In my attempts to find housing for the summer in Dallas while I do my internship, I posted a few listings on LDS roommate finder websites. You never know what you'll come across, right?

I was contacted about a month or two ago by a woman who was interested in renting a room to me. I was naive, and thought that she and her husband owned two homes and were renting out one of them. They mentioned they had another renter already there and I would simply have to share a bathroom. I responded and said I'd be interested in more information.

I barely heard back from her this past weekend. She asked if I was still interested and if I would like to see pictures. Of course I would! I also asked a number of questions, and felt impressed to mention that I assumed that the other renter was a female.

I got a response and was very much shocked to learn that it would be in her and her husband's home that I would be living, and that the other renter was a man. And by man, I mean a 45 year old divorcee with three practically grown children.

Why would anyone think that a 22 year old woman would want to share a bathroom with a 45 year old man that isn't her relative?

Uptown it is!

2 comments:

Ben said...

Desperation to make a buck, eh?

R* said...

have you checked out ldsces.org and just called dallas institutes directly? i did that when i moved back to seattle and that seems to be a better option for finding semi-normal people.

in somewhat related news, i am nowhere near dallas, but do spend time in houston. not sure why i said that. maybe to say that you'll have a blood relative in the same (albeit massive) state...