Friday, February 15, 2008

A Note about Lunch

I just had the most delightful lunch I have had in a long time. You all will mock me for the rest of my life, but quite frankly, I am in love with the Lunchable. Who knew that something that sounded so unappetizing could actually be quite satisfying? I have learned the art of living out of vending machines. That's unfortunate for many reasons, but it is what it is. When you are on campus an average of 12 hours a day, you don't have many options when you forget to pack a lunch.

Today, I wandered toward the vending machines on my way from class to work. I had skipped out on breakfast because I think my roommate accidentally ate the rest of my cereal and I don't have any food left (today is payday). I grabbed a yogurt out of the vending machine before class at 8, which did not last nearly as long as I'd have liked. By the time class was over at 11, I was Starving Marvin. I had to dash off to work until 3. I was looking forward to something like a sandwich that can be popped in the microwave. I was running a little late, and discovered that there really was no sandwich that I would want to warm up in the options of vending machines I had chosen to visit. I then saw the magic word: Lunchable. They had two options: turkey and cheddar or ham and swiss. I'm more of a turkey and swiss kind of gal, but unfortunately that wasn't an option. I let my choice in cheese dictate what choice of meat I would end up with. Ham and swiss it was. I swiped my ID card and punched in the magic numbers.

I felt somewhat foolish sitting in the RB, eating my Lunchable. There was something so elementary school about eating a Lunchable. Despite my slight embarrassment, I ate for all to see. And it was absolutely delicious. I would recommend a Lunchable to anyone. It's the perfect lunch when you're in a hurry. Unfortunately, I have 3 hours at work left to go and I'm already feeling the slightest pangs of hunger. So while delicious, maybe they aren't so filling?

1 comment:

Ben said...

what are the odds that it was accidental that she ate your cereal? Funny how college people do that stuff. Wait until your married.