Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Books and Other Things

He brought back my book tonight. I was downstairs doing homework because my roommate and her fiance were up here watching a movie and I was distracted by loud movie. She said she would go get me but he just wanted to leave it. I came upstairs two hours later and it was sitting on the counter. Oh...the frustration...let me tell you. He made the effort to bring it over, but didn't want to bother me. I am frustrated because I don't know where I stand with him. I thought we were going somewhere and then he is dating someone "seriously" and then I was sure we were friends regardless of my feelings for him and then we don't talk for 2 weeks, even when there is an opportunity to speak. I don't know where I stand. Are we friends? I'm tired of unfulfilling friendships. And I'm tired of not knowing what the deal is with guys and friendships. Maybe Harry was right when he said that men and women can never be friends. That's sad. I sent him an email to see what he thought. All I said was "Hey ----, So, what did you think?" No name, no subject. Friendly, but cautious. That's what I like to think about it. I'm really just mad at myself for having not been up here so that we could have actually had an encounter and been forced to talk. This whole thing is ridiculous. I just want it to go away, and it never does. At least I have my book back. And then I had to go send the email...keeping it going. Maybe that was a mistake...but I want us to be friends...this is entirely too complicated...more complicated than I think it is worth.

No comments: